Hospital Chairman of the Board
Firstly, let me paint a picture of your future Hospital System after implementing the expertise of the 6+ Sigma Toyota Production System. The advantages of a maniacal focus on processes:
- Everyone in the Hospital System is directed toward success,
- Above all, the Hospital System focuses on the value they produce,
Hospitals Protect Patients
- Consequently, everyone on a Value Stream becomes a quality inspector through the use of andon:
- Certainly, Hospital-Acquired Infection Rate plummets,
- Insurance costs decrease,
- Lawyer costs decrease
- Reputation increases, and
- Patients are happy.
Take Control of Suppliers
- Consequently, suppliers work to create a just-in-time system where they can decrease your costs,
- All smaller but often purchased items can be put into a double bin system to decrease inventory costs and increase availability,
Hospital System Seeks Perfection
- Hospital System Seeking Perfection:
- At a rate of about 1 idea a month,
- Management defines idea direction,
- Toyota will not expand to a new plant unless they have a critical mass of employees that know this procedure,
- This is how come no competitor will ever catch Toyota, and
- Therefore, your culture changes to one of winning.
- Implement the Pull Methodology wherever possible to increase process speed and minimize inventory waste,
- Certainly, decrease Emergency Room costs with a new innovative Emergency Room Design,
- Lastly, implement Lean Six Sigma to:
- Consequently, increase process velocity,
- Decrease process costs, and
- Increase process quality.
- Report success metrics to management, and
- Your organization no longer worries about the competition but welcomes them. Your Hospital System will get stronger year after year.
The Toyota Production System is a 6+ Sigma System and there’s no reason how come your Hospital Organization cannot strive for that level of performance. Think about making progress towards a Malcolm Baldrige Award (indicating the realization of Operational Excellence, a competitive advantage). The above list is but a short summary of how your future Hospital Organization will function.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Apply the Tools of The Six Sigma Toyota Production System to Hospitals.