Delivering Operational Excellence for Government Customers
Above all Government Operational Excellence increases service delivery, integrates with Suppliers, and constantly strives for perfection. Therefore, increase Operational Excellence by operating your system like Toyota.
For example Toyota keeps 2 hours of inventory in stock from their suppliers. That is called Just-in-Time. Meanwhile keeping extra inventory means that you have paid for something, you are not using. Toyota works very closely with their suppliers so that their operations are integrated.
Toyota Production System Benefits include:
- FIRSTLY, A CONSTANT ERADICATION OF FAT OR WHAT LEAN SIX SIGMA CALLS WASTE.
- CREATE UNIQUE VALUE THROUGH OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE.
- LIKEWISE FOCUS ON VALUE ADDED
- CONSTANT DEFECT REMOVAL.
- IF POSSIBLE, “PULL” WHERE POSSIBLE.
- WHOLE COMPANY QUEST FOR PERFECTION.
- SUBSEQUENTLY CREATING A CORPORATE CULTURE OF GREATNESS.
- DIRECTION TO EXCELLENCE BY GUIDING PRINCIPLES.
- STRATEGIC SUPPLIERS DECREASE COSTS, YEAR OVER YEAR.
Government Improvement Attaining Operational Excellence:
The 25 Step Plan to Greatness
Consequently It’s Time for the Governmant to Charge in the 21’st Century with Excellence. The Toyota Production System creates Operational Excellence. Though the following list seems simple, it is not. However, this is the path to Operational Excellence:
- Develope Operating Principles
- Identify Value
- Map Value Streams
- Subsequently, Create Flow
- Establish Pull
- In Addition, Seek Perfection
Once that you have Profound Knowledge of your processes and you are Managing by Value Stream you have taken the first step to achieving Greatness. Next, use everyone in your company to march towards Perfection.
The Toyota Production System is powerful, use it to Power your New Government System.
A Subsidiary of a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Visit Us Here: Ⓒ Lean Business 2019