Open Letter to a System CEO
Dear System CEO:
Firstly, let me paint a picture of your future System after implementing the expertise of the 6+ Sigma Toyota Production System. The advantages of a maniacal focus on processes:
Everyone in the organization is directed toward success,
Your Organization focuses on the value produced,
Everyone on the service or product line becomes a quality inspector through the use of andon:
- Above all, andon is the stoppage of a process when a defect is detected,
- Continuously remove defects,
- Toyota still receives about 800 andon stops per year per manufacturing plant,
- Toyota has a strategy to minimize the impact of stoppages.
Suppliers work to create a just-in-time technique that can decrease your costs,
All smaller but often purchased items can be put into a double bin methodology to decrease inventory costs and increase availability,
Seek System Perfection:
- At a rate of about 1 idea a month,
- All ideas are focused in a management defined direction,
- Toyota will not expand to a new plant unless they have a critical mass of employees that know this procedure,
- This is how come no competitor will ever catch Toyota, and
- Your culture changes to one of winning.
In addition, implement the Pull methodology wherever possible to increase process speed and minimize inventory waste,
Lean Six Sigma is implemented to:
- Subsequently, increase process velocity,
- Decrease process costs, and
- Consequently, increase process quality.
Report Success Metrics periodically to management, and
Finally, your organization no longer worries about the competition but welcomes them. Your System will get stronger year after year.
The Toyota Production System is at 6+ Sigma and there’s no reason how come your System cannot strive for that level of performance. The above list is an abbreviated but a short summary of how your future System will function.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Apply the Tools of The Six Sigma Toyota Production System to Business.
Build Your Six Sigma Business System.