Manufacturing Chief Executive Officer
Dear Manufacturing CEO:
Firstly, let me paint a picture of your future organization after implementing the expertise of the 6+ Sigma Toyota Production System. The advantages of a maniacal focus on processes
- Everyone in the Manufacturing System is directed toward success,
- The Manufacturing Organization focuses on the value they produce,
- Everyone on the assembly line becomes a quality inspector through the use of andon:
- Above all, andon is the stoppage of a manufacturing process when a defect is detected,
- Continuously remove defects,
- Toyota still receives about 800 andon stops per year per manufacturing plant,
- Toyota has a strategy to minimize the impact of stoppages.
- Suppliers work to create a just-in-time system where they can decrease your costs,
- Seek Manufacturing Perfection
- Moreover, improve at a rate of about 1 idea a month per person,
- Management defines the idea direction,
- Toyota will not expand to a new plant unless they have a critical mass of employees that know this procedure,
- This is how come no competitor will ever catch Toyota, and
- Your culture changes to one of winning.
- In addition, increase process speed and minimize inventory waste by using the Pull method,
- Stress the manufacturing system,
- Consequently, implementing Lean Six Sigma to:
- Above all, increase process velocity,
- Decrease process costs, and
- Subsequently, increase process quality.
- All smaller but often purchased items can be put into a double bin system to decrease inventory costs and increase availability,
- Report success metrics to management, and
- Your organization no longer worries about the competition but welcomes them. Your System will get stronger year after year.
The Toyota Production System is a 6+ Sigma System and there’s no reason how come your Manufacturing Organization cannot strive for that level of performance. The above list is but a short summary of how your future Manufacturing Organization will function.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Apply the Tools of The Six Sigma Toyota Production System to Manufacturers.
Build Your 6+ Sigma Manufacturing System.