Business Chief Executive Officer
Dear Business CEO:
Let me paint a picture of your future organization after implementing the expertise of the Toyota Production System. The advantages of a maniacal focus on processes:
Above all, everyone in the organization is directed towards success,
Subsequently, the Business Organization focuses on the value they produce,
- Everyone on the service or product line becomes a quality inspector through use of andon:
- Use the andon method to stop the system when a defect is detected,
- Continuously remove defects,
- Toyota still receives about 800 andon stops per year per manufacturing plant,
- Toyota has a strategy to minimize the impact of stoppages.
- Suppliers work to create a just-in-time system where they can to decrease your costs,
- All smaller but often purchased items are put into a double bin system. This decreases inventory costs and increases availability,
- Above all Seek Perfection:,
- Consequently, at a rate of about 1 idea a month,
- Focus ideas in a management defined direction,
- Toyota will not expand to a new plant unless they have a critical mass of employees that know this procedure,
- This is how come no competitor will ever catch Toyota, and
- Subsequently, your culture changes to one of winning.
- Pull is implemented wherever possible to increase process speed and minimize inventory waste,
- Above all, implement Lean Six Sigma to:
- Increase process velocity,
- Decrease process cost, and
- Increase process quality.
- Report Success Metrics to management, and
- Your organization no longer worries about the competition but welcomes them. Your System will get stronger year after year.
The Toyota Production System is a 6+ Sigma System and there’s no reason how come your Business Organization cannot strive for that level of performance. The above list is but a short summary of how your future Business Organization will function.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Apply the Tools of The Six Sigma Toyota Production System to Business.
Build Your Six Sigma Business System.